“Long-chain omega-3s found in fatty fish (or in high-quality purified fish oil supplements) reduce inflammation. In cell cultures, they reduce cancer cell growth in a large number of tumors (lung, breast, colon, prostate, kidney, etc.). The also act to reduce the spread of tumors in the form of metastases. Several human studies show that the risk of several cancers is significantly lower in people who eat fish at least twice a week.” (Anti-Cancer by David-Servan Schreiber, page 124)
Here’s a quick and easy meal that I often pack for my lunch at work:
1 Trident Alaskan Salmon Burger
- from Price Costco (in the frozen section)
- made with wild Alaskan salmon
- uncooked; must be microwaved, baked, or pan fried
- contains 1360 g omega-3 per salmon patty
1 portion frozen broccoli
- The organic frozen broccoli from Trader Joe’s is one of my favorites.
I make my lunches ahead of time and freeze them in rectangular Pyrex glass containers with plastic lids.
Then at lunchtime, when my office mates are heating up their Lean Cuisines or grabbing a bag of chips and a soda, I microwave my delicious – and nutritious – lunch!
Enjoy and be healthy,