To me this red, white, and blue treat is heaven on a spoon. Which explains why I serve it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack – and not just on the 4th of July!
Slivered almonds or chopped walnuts (if desired)
Cherries (for garnish)
- Raspberries – Organic is best. Fresh or frozen. The health benefits of raspberries.
- Blueberries – Wild blueberries have a lot more phytonutrients than cultivated blueberries. Organic wild blueberries are available frozen at Costco. The health benefits of blueberries.
- Greek yogurt – Organic Greek yogurt made from the milk of grass-fed cows is the healthiest choice. But yogurt from grass fed cows is not available where I shop. So I buy fat-free Greek yogurt instead.
- Ricotta cheese – I buy whole milk ricotta made from the milk of grass-fed cows. It’s creamy and wonderful.
- If frozen, defrost the raspberries and blueberries. Set aside.
- Mix together equal portions of yogurt and ricotta cheese.
- Place a layer of raspberries into your cup or bowl. Top the raspberries with half of the yogurt-ricotta mixture. Add a layer of blueberries, and top that with the remaining yogurt-ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with nuts, if using. Drizzle with a little maple syrup. Top with a fresh cherry!
Enjoy and be healthy!