The beautiful organic reddish colored kale that I bought at the Reston Farm Market ended up in my wok together with the chorizo sausage I bought at Red Apron in the Mosaic District (Merrifield, VA). To make this dish:
- Sauté the sliced sausage in some avocado oil.
- Remove the cooked sausage and set it aside.
- Drain some of the fat from the pan.
- Sauté the chopped kale in the remaining fat in the pan.
- Add the cooked sausage back to the pan and stir to mix.
And if you are vegetarian, or just want a veggie-only dish, here’s a wonderful veggie version — thanks to my friend Adelayda who served it for lunch yesterday.
- Saute the kale and chopped garlic in avocado oil.
- Toward the end of cooking, add a Southwest seasoning spice blend like this one from Basiks, available at the Reston Farm Market and online.